Picking a name that will be stuck on a child for the rest of its life....is hard. "ooh I like this" but in grade school he may be called this by his peers " "oh I like this" "but look what it spells back words"
I want something that will be cute on a baby and child but would also work well in the professional world.
first off I picked coralline for a girl, and baylynn for a boy. Then I heard the name Arabella and I fell in love! I need this name! and then my best friend said she was going to name her baby that...before I had said the name out loud....ouch there is some friend code where you just don't steal your friends baby names... its not done...not if you want to keep said friend. the next day my husband whom I had not told the name came in from work and said "what do you think of the name arabella?"
I hung my head, and explained that I loved the name but, Brandi was using it.
later Brandi called and said he husband hated the name! and that she wouldn't be using it. angels sang behind me and lights arose from no where!! the name was free to use if she gave the ok. I told her of how my husband had suggested the name with out my saying the name. and she said "Ashley we live in different states if you use the name I am fine with it" angels sang again!
we decided baby would be arabella Faye or baylynn emit and made a mistake at only 11 weeks. we announced the names to the world....yup bad idea
my dad had nothing kind to say about either name "arabella ....arabella sounds like you just threw a bunch of letters together that is an awful name" and baylynn, "that sounds like a dwarf name from load of the rings, I think it is a dwarfs name in the actual lord of the rings" he was right Balin
turned me off of the name all together... back to square one.
"what do you think of this?" "sounds to much like this?" "how about this?" "doesn't that mean this?" oh the fun
"if its a boy what do you think about naming him after your best friend?" I asked my husband " I like that idea" he was shaving and didn't seem very interested. "what is wades full name?" I asked him "chandler wade" ooh I like chandler I hadn't before but hearing it now it sounded right.
I thought long and hard on the girls name had to be right and I felt like I needed it to make my family happy, my grandfathers name is Cecile jack sanborn. how could I Incorporate that... Cecelia
I like Cecelia very feminine and we have plenty of nick name options cece Celia sissy. I liked it... so we announced again. think people are becoming to a point that they don't believe us that we are naming our kid what were saying....just going to change it again....well guess what they were right. after a while I wasn't feeling Cecilia any more.. chandler is stuck if its a boy that's his name. but I feel a pull back to a name I initially was in love with. coralline... why did I ever pull from the name I love it, it means heart and makes me think of once upon a time! and I later found out Faye was my great grand mothers name, I had no idea when I picked it out, pretty serindipodus lol
13 weeks 5 days
I do hope you will subscribe and share in this experience with me!
゚‘゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚’゚・ love Ashley ゜・*.:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚’゚・
I can relate... Baylie, Breony, Bella... Brayden, Benjamin, Boyce... I can't make up my mind!
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying reading your blog, Ashley! Keep it up!