Saturday, June 22, 2013

What Am I Getting Myself In To?

                Where do I start
           I am pregnant with my fifth an potentially final child! I am due on Christmas day 2013.
What is so crazy about this? one might ask.  well I have never made it to my due date, oh and I am planning a home birth!
           My midwife is convinced if I follow her instruction she can get me to term. no dr. has ever given me hope. my last doctor when I was pregnant with my youngest said " your not even going to make it as far as you did with your last" very discouraging and very bad environment to bring a child in to the world in.
   "your Doctors have killed your immune system" my midwife said to me when I explained what had happened in my previous births. she told me if I cut out all sugar and up my probiotic intake it will rebuild my immune system she says the group B strep, ::more info on gbs :: she told me since my body's immune system was shot, it couldn't fight of the colony of gbs growing in my body and the gbs was attacking my uterus causing contractions  in turn causing my cervix to open and baby to come. she also wanted me to take bioflavonoids and Zink to give my baby a sac of steal  in hopes that my waters don't break prematurely. its only broke with one of my babies on its own but that was at 31 weeks and that's just not good.
               I want a peaceful water birth. in my home listening to some good dubstep, with family and loved friends around me. only positive energies.
when I had my youngest my body was telling me to sit up on my knees I was in no pain at all when I was in this position it allowed me to get to where I needed to be when the doctors told me it was time to push. I remember specifically one of the doctors in the room saying "ok time to push lay back and put your feet in the stirrups" and I said "I cant lay back it hurts to bad for me to lay back..." I was in no pain in the position I was in. and his reply to that was "if you want to have this baby now you will lay on your back." that is the point where I thought to myself never again. my whole experience didn't have to be painful. but the doctors made it that way and in the position of ether leave with baby practically hanging out or doing what i was told...i wasn't left with any options, when i got on my back and started pushing....my contractions stopped... all together stopped took 10 minutes for them to come back, that there alone was proof that that is not a natural way to push. this time will be different even if I do end up in a hospital to deliver my baby. I will have my midwife there as a doula to be my voice when no doctor will listen to the insignificant patient. that being said. my midwife has said as long as we make it to 35 weeks we can deliver at home! and I am tickled pink by that idea I am beyond excited !

      I and 13 weeks and 4 days today, every Wednesday I take a belly picture. my body is broken i don't look pregnant when I'm pregnant I never get a big round belly. midwife said babies position may be another contributing factor in my kids coming early. I am showing more now than i have ever showed with any of my other children though!
       I do hope you will subscribe and share in this experience with me!

                                    
゚‘゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚’゚・  love Ashley ゜・*.:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚’゚・

1 comment:

  1. I will share with u! Every woman's birth us so unique, powerful, and intimate in a mothering way! I Love birth stories! And supporting all women to be strong and confident about labor! For me during my last birth I was in pain on my hands and knees and in any position during transition. ( yes my labor was all natural no meds at all ) I became so weak before I got pushing urge I could not stand and when I laid on my back to push it was natiral for me ( head if bed was hhghly elevated) my body made a natural epi n my cervix felt numb. That plus pushing, took the contraction pain away completely. My contractions were so strong I pushed my 7 lber out in 10minutes !!

    ReplyDelete